MARCELLO F. DEFRENZA
- Development Projects
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Commercial Leasing
- Corporate and Business Transactions
Mr. De Frenza specializes in real property law with an emphasis on commercial leasing, purchase and sale transactions, construction law, and financing.
Mr. De Frenza’s experience includes drafting and negotiating ground leases and leases for office, retail, restaurant, medical use and industrial space. He handles purchase and sale agreements for unimproved land and for office, research and development, retail, apartment, industrial, restaurant and hotel properties. Mr. De Frenza also prepares reciprocal easement agreements, property management agreements, covenants, conditions and restrictions, and various development-related agreements with public entities and between landowners.
Mr. De Frenza’s representation includes major insurance companies, real estate investment companies, real estate development companies, national and regional quick service and casual dining restaurant chains, national tenant representation of a real estate financial services firm, a wireless telecommunications company, property management companies and individuals. Mr. De Frenza has provided real estate expertise in complex litigation matters involving real property.
Prior to co-founding DeFrenza Lee LLP, Mr. De Frenza was a founding partner of Garrett DeFrenza Stiepel Ryder LLP and was previously the supervising partner of the Business Group of the Orange County office of Pillsbury Winthrop LLP. Mr. De Frenza has been a speaker on due diligence in real estate transactions, premises liability issues, wireless communication site leases and recent developments in real property law.
- J.D., University of Southern California Law School (Senior Staff, Law Review), 1988
- B.S., University of California Los Angeles (cum laude), 1985
- State Bar of California (Real Property Law section)
- Orange County Bar Association (Real Property Law section)
- South Coast Metro Alliance (Legal and Commercial Leasing sections)
- AVVO Top 100 Attorneys, Since 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Since 2007
- 2010 OC Real Estate Lawyer of the Year (Best Lawyers in America)
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2010-2021
- Over 10-Years AV Preeminent Rated (highest legal ability rating available from Martindale-Hubbell)